Deadline: 5 March 2021. Having helped to launch so many photographers careers, the Open Submission of the international Belfast Photo Festival is back with more opportunities than ever before.
Described as “One of the best photography festivals in the world,” (Capture Magazine) the Belfast Photo Festival provides a perfect platform for gaining exposure to an international audience, with previous editions having welcomed over 100,000 visitors from all over the world.
Belfast Photo Festival is offering artists/photographers the opportunity to exhibit their work in the main Festival gallery alongside some of the biggest names in the field, and have their work taken on tour to be exhibited at the 2022 Photo Schweiz (Zurich, Switzerland), with a number also having the opportunity to be featured in the arts magazine Abridged. The winners will be eligible for a number of awards, including a cash prize of £2,000 (est $2,674 / €2,208).
The theme has been left open to remove any restrictions; submissions must be photographic or lens-based but can include incorporations of other art forms with the photographic medium (i.e. performance, painting, sculpture, music, literature etc). Individuals and collectives are welcome to apply.
All Submitting photographers will benefit from:
– Submission review by Photo Industry Professionals
– Opportunities for Immediate Exposure (e.g. across festival / partner social networks and websites)
Between 20 and 40 photographers / artists will benefit from:
– Awards and cash prizes (See Awards listed below)
– Having their work produced for exhibition in the Festivals main city centre gallery
– Exhibition exposure at the Festival’s main city centre gallery
– Inclusion in the special Festival issue of Abridged Magazine
– Longer term Festival representation and promotion
– Exhibition alongside some of the biggest photographic names as part of the major photographic event
– Publication and inclusion in the Festival programme
– Inclusion in the Festivals marketing & PR campaign, which has an estimated reach of 30+ million people
– International press exposure
– Being seen by over 30,000 people, including a substantial number of visual arts professionals and the media
– Dedicated feature on the Festival website and online gallery
– Opportunities offered for exhibition and publication through festival partners
– £20 reduction off the 2021 Belfast Photo Festival International Portfolio Review fee
Spotlight Award – £2,000 (est $2,674 / €2,208)
– One Years Free RPS Membership – Free membership for one year to the prestigious Royal Photographic Society
– GUP Editorial Award – Full editorial presentation in an upcoming printed/digital issue of GUP photography magazine
– Abridged Editorial Award – Presentation in a special Festival issue of Abridged Magazine
– All winners will have their work produced by the Festival for exhibition in the main Festival gallery.
Photo Contest Website: http://www.belfastphotofestival.com/