SPIE International Day of Light Photo Contest until 16 September 2021
Deadline: 16 September 2021. The SPIE International Day of Light Photo Contest is held annually to raise awareness about IDL and to demonstrate the impact light has on cultural, economic, and political aspects of our global society.
The theme of the photo contest is A World of Light: The Vital Role That Light and Light-Based Technologies Play in Daily Life. Examples of content include, but are not exclusive to, artistic images that depict:
• Various properties of light and how it interacts with the atmosphere, nature, and materials
• Light technology such as lasers, LEDs, etc.
• Images created with light technology such as telescopes and microscopes
• People interacting with light and/or light technology
• The betterment of the human condition with light
• 1st Place: US $2,500
• 2nd Place: US $1,000
• 3rd Place: US $500
• Two Technology and Science Prizes: US $750 each
• Youth category (ages 13 – 17): Surprise gift box of SPIE merchandise
Photo Contest Website: https://spie.org/about-spie/international-day-of-light/spie-idl-photo-contest?SSO=1