Deadline: 16 September 2023. The SPIE Annual International Day of Light Photo Contest is being held to raise awareness about International Day of Light and the vital role that light and light-based technologies play in daily life.
The theme of the photo contest is: A World of Light: The Vital Role That Light and Light-Based Technologies Play in Daily Life.
Examples of photo content includes, but is not exclusive to, artistic images that depict:
• Light technology such as lasers, LEDs, etc.
• Various properties of light and how it interacts with the atmosphere, nature, and materials
• Images created with light technology such as telescopes and microscopes
• People interacting with light and/or light technology
• The betterment of the human condition with light
First Prize: US $2,500
Second Prize: US $1,000
Third Prize: US $500
Technology and Science Prizes (2 available): US $750
Youth Prizes: Surprise gift box of SPIE merchandise
Photo Contest Website: https://spie.org/about-spie/international-day-of-light/idl-photo-contest