Deadline: 29 June 2021. Whether you climb mountains, chase storms, scour coastlines or sit in your back garden capturing the wonder of weather on your camera, the Royal Meteorological Society’s ‘Weather Photographer of the Year 2021’ is the ideal competition for you.
The competition in association with AccuWeather, one of the world’s most known and trusted weather brands worldwide, remains one of the few prestigious global photography contests that is FREE to enter.
Not a day goes by without a conversation about the weather, it impacts so much of our daily lives. It also lends itself fantastically to photography. We are also noticing more of the effects of climate change, and photography is a great way to document what is happening around the world.
Submissions are invited across three categories:
• all photographers aged 13 and over can enter the main ‘Weather Photographer of the Year’ category;
• photographers aged between 13 and 17 can enter the ‘Young Weather Photographer of the Year’ category;
• all photographers aged 13 and over can enter images taken with a phone or tablet into the ‘Weather Photographer of the Year (Mobile Phone)’ category.
Weather Photographer of the Year
• 1st Place: £500 cash + $350 voucher for REI
• 2nd place: £250 cash
• 3rd place: £100 cash
Young Weather Photographer of the Year
• Winner: $350 voucher for REI
Weather Photographer of the Year (Mobile Phone)
• Winner: £500 cash + $350 voucher for REI
• Runner-up: £250 cash
Photo Contest Website: https://www.photocrowd.com/photo-competitions/photography-awards/wpoty-2021/