Deadline: 8 July 2020. The 10th annual Art in Nature Photography Festival will be held entirely online, July 10-12, 2020, hosted by the Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art, Salisbury University.
Online entries will be accepted June 1 – July 8, 2020 for either of the two divisions: Photographer and Youth Photographer.
Contestants for the Art in Nature Photo Festival can enter photographs in any of the competition’s 12 unique categories, ranging from traditional black and white to drone and aerial photography.
Images are judged on technical excellence, originality, composition, impact, artistic merit, and subject matter. The People’s Choice award will be decided by a majority vote of those persons visiting the online exhibition and voting.
Winning entries will be printed and displayed in the Ward Museum after the end of the exhibition, for a period of six months. Best of Show and the first-place winners in each category will be published in the Ward Museum magazine.
• Grand Champion – Best in Show: Overall winner from any category or division. This winner will receive a $250 cash award, two tickets to the Ward Museum’s Fall Migration Gala ($100 value), a Friends Membership to the Ward Museum ($150 value), and certificate.
• Second & Third Best in Show: These winners may come from any category or division. Winners will each receive $50 cash awards, two tickets to the Ward Museum’s Fall Migration Gala ($100 value per pair), Family Memberships to the Ward Museum ($75 value each), and certificates.
• First, Second, and Third: A first, second, and third place in each category. First place winners will receive $50 each. All winners will receive Individual Memberships to the Ward Museum ($50 value) and a certificate.
• Youth Best in Division: Overall winner from the Youth Division. This winner will receive $100 cash prize, a Family Membership to the Ward Museum ($75 value), and a certificate.
• Honorable Mentions: Up to three honorable mentions in each category. Winners will receive
• Environmental Action Award: This prize will be awarded to the photograph best depicting environmentalism in action. The winning photograph will be on prominent display during the Ward Museum’s Youth Environmental Action Summit in 2021, and the winner will receive a Friends Membership to the Ward Museum ($150 value). This award will be picked by a separate judge picked by the Ward Museum and announced with People’s Choice on July 17, 2020.
The panel of judges may exclude an image if, at their sole discretion, the image is ineligible. All decisions of the panel are final.
In addition to certificate awards, the Ward Museum may also award physical goods, donated by sponsoring Corporate Partners. If there are any limitation on these items, you must meet all their requirements to receive the award. Additionally, the viewing public will have the opportunity to select one award:
• People’s Choice Award: This award is determined by popular vote (July 10-13), which will be tallied and announced on July 17, 2020. The winner will receive a Family Membership to the Ward Museum ($75 value) and a certificate.
Photo Contest Website: https://www.wardmuseum.org/learn-explore/program-calendar/art-nature-photo-festival/