Bird Photographer of the Year ends 11 December 2022
Deadline: 11 December 2022. Bird Photographer of the Year is the leading bird photography competition. We celebrate the world’s best bird photography, whilst supporting conservation efforts through imagery and financial support.
– Best Portrait – An image that best captures the character of the subject bird and its distinctive features. We are looking for images that include lots of detail, captured in a classic pose or showing the animal’s features.
– Birds in the Environment – This category focuses on photos that best demonstrate the relationship between a bird and its habitat. Examples include a swan on a lake at dawn, a dipper on a rock beside a waterfall, or a bald eagle flying through the mountains.
– Bird Behaviour – We’re looking for images that best depict a behaviour of a bird. This might be the lekking display of a black grouse, the courtship of a great crested grebe, or a singing robin.
– Birds in Flight – Celebrating avian mastery of the sky, this category focuses on birds in flight. Whether you’re freezing the action or using creative motion blur, as long as your subject is on the wing then it can be entered here.
– Black and White – Introduce simplicity and drama into your shot through the use of black and white imagery. This can be shot in-camera or converted during post production.
– Urban Birds – In an increasingly urban world, many birds are forced to live on the doorsteps of humans. This category explores the world of urban bird photography. Images should show birds alongside man-made objects, buildings, and other urban settings.
– Comedy Bird Photo – We want to see those funny moments in nature. This category looks for hilarious bird moments that are asking for a funny caption!
– Conservation – This category looks for strong conservation stories shown in one image. This is separate to the main Conservation Award which looks at a collection of photos together.
– Portfolio Award – For this award, you can enter up to 6 images as a collection. Judges will be looking for a selection of images that show extensive technical control and creativity of the photographer.
– Conservation Award – Enter up to 6 images as a collection that tell a conservation story. Judges will be looking for images that tell a story of conservation efforts or the struggle of a particular species. Images can be entered alongside text.
– Young Bird Photographer of the Year – will be awarded to one of the winners of the 3 age groups (11 and Under, 12-14 years, 15-17 years). The youth competition is free to enter, and you can submit up to 10 images.
– Grand prize: Bird Photographer of the Year – Chosen from our category gold awards, the Grand Prize Winner will be awarded a £5,000 cash prize.
– Gold award – In all 8 main categories, our 1st place winner will take home a £750 cash prize.
– Silver award – In all 8 main categories, our 2nd place winner will take home a Tilopa bag with the Essentials Pack upgrade from F-stop Gear (worth £360).
– Bronze award – In all 8 main categories, our 3rd place winner will take home a top Zenfolio website subscription.
– Portfolio award – The winner of our Portfolio award will win a camera package from Olympus. This OM-1 body in black, and an M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm PRO II lens. (Worth £2,499.99).
– Conservation award – The winner of our Conservation award will be awarded a £750 cash prize.
Photo Contest Website: https://www.birdpoty.com/