Deadline: 8 December 2021. Back for its fourth edition, the Portrait of Humanity award from 1854 and British Journal of Photography captures the moments that make us what we are.
A tight embrace after months apart. A quiet gesture of thanks. A look that says, ‘I’ve got you.’ An exhale that says, ‘I’m home.’ Sometimes, the junctures we remember most in our lives are big. But often, humanity’s defining moments – those that transcend cultures, borders and barriers – are small.
Judges from past years include Alessandra Sanguinetti and Newsha Tavakolian, Magnum photographers; Fiona Shields, Head of Photography at the Guardian, and Mallory Benedict, Photo Editor at National Geographic.
– 30 winning images will be exhibited worldwide as part of the Portrait of Humanity Global Tour 2021
– Up to 100 commended images will also be exhibited digitally on Clear Channel screens internationally to be seen by millions
– All commended, shortlisted and winning photographers will receive extensive international press coverage
– Three winning bodies of work will be exhibited worldwide as part of the Portrait of Humanity Global Tour 2021
– Three winning bodies of work will be published in British Journal of Photography
– All winning photographers will receive extensive international press coverage
Photo Contest Website: https://www.1854.photography/awards/portrait-of-humanity/